Saturday, September 18, 2010

Start of Freshmen Seminar

For the students of the Howard University’s College of Arts and Science a special opportunity is given. The opportunity comes in the form a class that shares the message of the black existence, a class that is instructed by many intelligent and accomplished African Americans. The purpose of the class is to educate the next generation on where we come from as a people and discover what possibilities are in store for us. I really enjoyed the first day of Freshmen Seminar. It turned out to be nothing like I thought it was going to be. When I first learned that we had to take this class I just assumed it was another one of those mandatory classes that gets freshmen students adjusted, however it turned out to be a class that has a lot more to do with self awareness than anything. The first day the lecture was on the history of our university, as well as African Americans. The lecture explained what we are going to learn about in this course, and how it will benefit students throughout our time at Howard and further on. I think that the professor gave a great presentation explaining what the goal of the course is and what it is striving for. I believe that this class is going to help me better understand where African Americans have come from and how much we have accomplished. This class will also help me to better appreciate the opportunities that I have here at Howard University.




-Safisha Seifullah

No comments:

Post a Comment