Friday, December 3, 2010

Self Reflection

The Freshman Seminar course has actually informed me on several topics that I was unformed with. I've learned about African history all the way to Egyptian scribe writing and so forth. This has been a tremendous experience for me because this added to the foundation of the legacy not only for Howard but also for African Americans as well. I thought it was very interesting and an excellent for each lecture to come from different perspectives such: history, science, and religion. I felt because the professors attacked the subject of legacy from a variety of fields of study that it kept me, as well my peers, interested in what was needed to be said during that 50 minute session. One of the most exciting experiences in Freshman Seminar for was the African Burial Ground trip. As I stated before I've never heard the establishment an African Burial Ground in the United States until this class. I thought that the trip was fun and filled new facts and information about life for Africans and our traditions. Some traditions, I've learned has been passed on to the present. Another interesting and impressive part of Freshman Seminar was our group presentations. Wow, I was amazed at the different topics chosen for discussion and of so much research that was dedicated towards each presentation many topics such as child soldiers, cloning, and images of black marriage was very intriguing because I've only heard the surface of these topics prior to these groups’ presentations. Overall this has been an enriching experience intellectually and socially. This course helped build the foundation of research and legacy. Due to the enrichment of this course I will never forget the importance of legacy and research. Even though I'm not a freshman, as a sophomore I've learned plenty that could be beneficial to my future studies as well as presentations. Thank you staff of this year’s Freshman Seminar for utilizing so much time and research trying to emphasize our legacy and culture. I think that you guys have been successful. I'm appreciative of this experience and will cherish it. Thank you.

-Ramona Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment